Best way to move mail from one server to another

Admin admin at awib.it
Thu Sep 27 03:26:53 EEST 2018

I used (had to) imapsync two weeks ago to move Mails from dovecote 2.1 to 2.2, as doveadm failed (different versions issue).

Worked as expected. But all mails 60GB got resynced (summed up to approx. 250GB due to several accounts being used across multiple clients).

Tried both - without and with uid option. With latter one I did not have any duplicate mails being skipped; resync however seemed to be unavoidable.

-M