Local access to IMAP mailboxes

Larry Rosenman larryrtx at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:08:49 EEST 2018

What I do is keep my passwords in a file encrypted by GPG and have mutt do:
source "gpg -q --textmode -d ~/.neomutt/passwords.gpg  |"

that way they're not readable except by use of a passworded GPG key.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640             E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

On 9/27/18, 9:50 AM, "dovecot on behalf of Victor Sudakov" <dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org on behalf of vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:

    Thomas Leuxner wrote:

    > Why not use Mutt's IMAP capabilities and keep the indexes nice and clean?

    Maybe the only reason is that I don't want to bother with
    authentication and don't want to keep my password in muttrc.

    Anyway, my mail is sorted and delivered to ~/Mail/* by procmail, so
    the mboxes will be touched by a process outside of dovecot.

    --
    Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
    2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/