Local access to IMAP mailboxes

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Fri Sep 28 12:31:39 EEST 2018

Joseph Tam wrote:

[dd]

> Whether you use any of them is up to you.  As I said, direct mailbox
> file access will work.  However, if you deal with Gb size mailboxes,
> re-indexing and general mail operations will be painful.
>
> > My mail goes through procmail, so Dovecot will not be the only one to
> > touch the mboxes anyway.
>
> Not a deterrent: replace all mailbox recipies with a pipe to dovecot's LDA
>
>  	:0 ... pattern ...
>  	| /path/to/dovecot-lda -d {user} -m {mailbox}

>  	# End of file: deliver to inbox
>  	:0 w
>  	| /path/to/dovecot-lda -d {user}

This will clutter up ~/.procmailrc, but may be I'll try someday.

Now I have encountered a different problem. My Android IMAP client
(the Gmail map) shows lots of mails in my Inbox. However, I already
deleted those mails locally from /var/mai/vas. They are being cached
somewhere.

Is it not dovecot caching them?

Nor can I find a way to forcefully rescan an IMAP folder in the Gmail app.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/