dovecot ssl error message from my own connections

Dmitry Donskih dmitry.donskih at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:46:02 EEST 2019

"Connection reset by peer" means client breaks connection, not server.

Client expects non-SSL connection? Client somehow fails over to non-SSL?
STARTTLS where TLS expected? Client fails to verify server certificate?

Or you use misconfigured imap-proxy?

Have a look at *client* logs. You may try "openssl s_client -connect
server:port -showcerts" on client side.