SMTPUTF8 support

David Bürgin dbuergin at gluet.ch
Fri Apr 5 10:57:11 EEST 2019

André, are you quite sure you have it working?

In this thread someone from Open-Xchange stated that no, Dovecot doesn’t
have SMTPUTF8 support implemented, and the same response was given by
another Dovecot developer last September (it ‘is being considered’ was
the answer then, see
https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2018-September/112887.html).

I am using LMTP to deliver mail to Dovecot from Postfix, and delivery
fails with Postfix reporting: ‘SMTPUTF8 is required, but was not offered
by host mail.my.org[private/dovecot-lmtp]’. I doubt that this can work
without a change in Dovecot LMTP.

Anyway, I am also interested in SMTPUTF8 support, so +1 from me!

--
David