Post login scripts environment

André Rodier andre at rodier.me
Sun Apr 7 18:45:19 EEST 2019

On Sun, 2019-04-07 at 17:49 +0300, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:
> > On 7 April 2019 17:26 André Rodier via dovecot < dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> >

> > Dear Dovecot users,
> >
> > I am running Dovecot 2.2.27 on Debian Stretch, no issue so far.
> >
> > I wonder if there is a way to pass the remote IP address, in an
> > environment variable, in the post login script.
> >
> > My Post login scripts are working well, except that when the server is
> > accessed through a webmail (Roundcube or SOGo), the remote IP address
> > is systematically 127.0.0.1.
> >
> > The other question I have is, is it possible to pass the user agent of
> > the email client used to access the server? I know this can be easily
> > forged, but I would like to log it.
> >
> > Thanks for your insight.
> >
> > --
> > André Rodier
>
> You can use IMAP ID command to pass e.g. x-originating-ip. See https://github.com/dovecot/core/blob/master/src/imap-login/imap-login-cmd-id.c
> ---
> Aki Tuomi

Thanks, Aki,

I had a look on the version, I don't think this is implemented in
2.2.27, it it seems this file has been added in 2.3.

I may have to use a more recent version of Dovecot, but I think this is
exactly what I was looking for, for the IP address.

Regarding the original user agent (e.g. Evolution, Thunderbird, etc.),
I suppose I can use the same approach?

Thanks again for your help.

André

--