High availability of Dovecot

luckydog xf luckydogxf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 11:44:40 EEST 2019

Hi, list,

     I'm going to deploy postfix + dovecot + CephFS( as Mail Storage).
Basically I want to use two servers for them, which  is kind of HA.

    My idea is that using keepalived or Pacemaker to host a VIP, which
could fail over the other server once one is down. And I'll use Haproxy or
Nginx to schedule connections to one of those server based on source IP(
Session stickiness),  I'll use VIP as DNS record.etc, is my plan doable?

   I know MX could be server ones with different priority. But I think it
brings along shortage that DNS couldn't know Email server is up or down, it
just returns results to MUA, right?

   Thanks for any suggestions and ideas.

    -