lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox override

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Fri Apr 12 18:06:39 EEST 2019

Hi,

I have a dovecot 2.3.2.1 instance running here that is getting userdb and
passdb data from a SQL database. This was a cyrus server migrated over and
all users are happy.

All users except one: Said user asked if it would be possible to disable
subaddressing (localuser+folder at example.com) again.

The setting controlling that is AFAIK the lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox
item.

My idea was to override that setting for the specific user. I changed the
user_query to return no for the user in question and all seems well:

# doveadm user test
field	value
user	test at example.com
uid	vmail
gid	vmail
home	/var/lib/imap/example.com/test
mail	mdbox:/var/spool/imap/user/example.com/test
lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox	no
#

Looks good, doesn't work though. Mail is still delivered to the +folder.
Is this per user setting not taken into account?

I could probably provide the user in question with a sieve script that
files everything into the INBOX again but I wonder if there's a better
way?

cheers,
  Andreas