lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox override

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Fri Apr 12 19:41:12 EEST 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019, @lbutlr wrote:

>> All users except one: Said user asked if it would be possible to
>> disable subaddressing (localuser+folder at example.com) again.
>>
>> The setting controlling that is AFAIK the lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox
>> item.

> I thought it was sieve that did this? specifically
> managesieve_sieve_capability

You can curtail sieve/pigeonhole's ability to do fileinto calls using that
paramter.

But lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox is unrelated to pigeonhole and will also
work without any sieve scripts active/installed.

If I disable the setting systemwide, the filing into +subaddress folders
stops. So I am pretty sure I got the right setting. Either I am not doing
the override correctly or the code is not actually taking the setting from
userdb.

cheers,
  Andreas