nginx configuration to pass x-originating-ip

André Rodier andre at rodier.me
Sun Apr 14 15:37:32 EEST 2019

Hello,

There is a bug in SOGo, as it sends the original IP after successful
login, and not before the login process. I traced the bug to the source
code. https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2979.

Then, in my research, I found this old thread:

https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?29,237299,237367#msg-237367

Can I use Nginx as an IMAP proxy to add the missing ID. I suspect this
is something that can be achieved?

I already have an Nginx for the SOGo front-end, so I would add another
one for the IMAP proxy. With a little bit of luck, I should be able to
pass the original IP between the two servers

Does anyone has a working example?

Thanks,
André

--