dovecot Digest, Vol 192, Issue 52

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Mon Apr 15 00:41:30 EEST 2019

On 4/14/2019 8:59 AM, Peter Mogensen via dovecot wrote:
> I run with
>
> SOLR_JAVA_MEM="-Xmx8g -Xms2g"

Without other details, I cannot even offer a guess as to whether an 8GB
heap is enough.  How many documents are in all the indexes that Solr
instance is handling?  Can you share your solrconfig.xml file?

> Being able to configure it is great.
> But I don't think it solves much. I recompiled with 100 as batch size
> and it still ended in timeouts.
> Then I recompiled with 10min timeout and now I see all the batches
> completing and their processesing time is mostly between 1 and 2 minutes
> (so all would have failed).

1 to 2 minutes for 100 documents to index would be an indication that
something is very wrong with that Solr instance.  It seems to me that
the batch should take less than a second if there is no commit.

Thanks,
Shawn