SOLR/Index?

John Fawcett john at voipsupport.it
Mon Apr 15 02:29:58 EEST 2019

On 15/04/2019 01:15, Larry Rosenman via dovecot wrote:
> Given all the discussion on FTS/Solr, etc, I have a question:
>
> I have autoindex set, and searching in roundcube most of the time does
> NOT find things,
> HOWEVER if I do:
> doveadm fts rescan
> doveadm index
>
> I can find things in the mailboxes.
>
> WHY?
>
> (doveconf -n attached).
>
> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c)     E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
> <mailto:larryrtx at gmail.com>
> US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

Larry

have you been able to check your solr logs to see if the queries that
find nothing actually arrive at solr? What is logged for those queries?

Some clients (don't know if roundcube is among those) don't send the
query in some circumstances.

Also when email arrives in dovecot is the automatic indexing working: do
you see solr logging for adding those messages.

John