Fwd: SOLR/Index?

John Fawcett john at voipsupport.it
Mon Apr 15 17:45:23 EEST 2019

On 15/04/2019 16:34, Larry Rosenman via dovecot wrote:
> yes, either with or without the domain.
>

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:33 AM John Fawcett via dovecot
> <dovecot at dovecot.org <mailto:dovecot at dovecot.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 15/04/2019 16:05, Larry Rosenman via dovecot wrote:
>>     I have normal system users, some and some virtual domains (2
>>     different flavors).
>>
>>     I have this job that runs from cron on my own userid to archive mail
>>     I want Dovecot to use my system password for mail authentication.
>>     I, therefore, use PAM to authenticate system users
>>     Everything works great, modulo getting the auto-index to be
>>     visible using RoundCube (which if I log into roundcube using
>>     <user>@<domain> it does).
>>     by default if I'm logged in as my normal OS user, default doveadm
>>     commands (as issued from the shell or from my archive script) use
>>     the user I'm logged in as *WITHOUT A DOMAIN*.
>>
>>     I want to default PAM auth'd users to append @lerctr.org
>>     <http://lerctr.org> (DOMAIN) to the OS user.
>>
>     when they log in to roundcube as the OS user, right?
>
>     John
>

> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c)     E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
> <mailto:larryrtx at gmail.com>
> US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

So if all works fine when you specify user at domain in roundcube, but you
want to be able to specify only username in roundcube and have roundcube
login as user at domain, then one solution would be to configure roundcube
to add a default domain to bare usernames. As far as I remember (it's a
while since I used roundcube) it is one of the configuration options.

John