SolrCore 'dovecot' is not available due to init failure: fieldType 'text_general' not found in the schema

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Tue Apr 23 06:46:33 EEST 2019

On 4/22/2019 9:31 PM, luckydog xf via dovecot wrote:
> https://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS/Solr
> Only offers a solr-7.7.0 solrconfig.xml, does it apply to solr-8.0.0?

If the config was actually designed for 7.7, then it will work in 8.0.
If it was designed for 5.x or 6.x, there's a chance it won't work.

It sounds like you have a solrconfig.xml file and a schema file that are
not matched to each other.

The schema file found here looks to me like it will work in 8.0:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dovecot/core/master/doc/solr-schema-7.7.0.xml

I think instead of using a solrconfig.xml that comes with Solr, you
should be using the one made for dovecot:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dovecot/core/master/doc/solr-config-7.7.0.xml

I do see a potential problem with that config, though ... there is
config that sets the df parameter (default field) to a field named
"_text_" (with underscores) ... this field does not exist in the schema.

Thanks,
Shawn