Auto rebuilding of Solr indexes on settings change?

John Fawcett john at voipsupport.it
Thu Apr 25 16:48:35 EEST 2019

On 25/04/2019 13:32, Peter Mogensen via dovecot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at the source, it doesn't seem like fts-solr checks for settings
> changes using fts_index_have_compatible_settings() like fts-lucene does.
>
> Is there any special reason for why fts-solr shouldn't also rebuild
> indexes if settings has changed?
>
> /Peter

Peter

I guess that there is no setting for the fts-solr plugin that would be
require rebuilding to take place. If you change any fts-solr settings
(except for the url) I would expect the result in solr, providing there
were no errors, will be the same with or without a rebuild.

For fts-lucene there are settings which would change what is stored in
lucene. The relevant settings which are taken into account for lucene
index rebuild are in  fts_lucene_settings_checksum(): default_language,
whitespace_chars, normalize and no_snowball.

John