auth-policy crashing

James list at xdrv.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 11:51:34 EEST 2019

On 06/08/2019 06:46, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:

> On 2.8.2019 13.45, James via dovecot wrote:
>> My auth process is dumping core.  This happens several times per day

> There is an easy fix for this, attached.

Patch applied; no core dump in 24 hours.

This appears to have fixed the problem.  I found that it crashed when
the policy server responded too quickly.  As the before and after auth
command=allow request are the same I cache the first, leading to a fast
second response.  Removing the cache (nginx proxy_cache ...) must change
the timings and circumvented the crash.  Why use both check before and
after auth?  roundcube webmail reports an error with only
auth_policy_check_before_auth.  I cannot see why.  The simple and lazy
solution is to use double auth_policy_check_!

Thank you Aki for looking at this and finding a solution so quickly.