auth-policy crashing

James list at xdrv.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 13:19:19 EEST 2019

On 07/08/2019 11:02, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:

>> before and after auth?  roundcube webmail reports an error with only
>> auth_policy_check_before_auth.  I cannot see why.  The simple and lazy
>> solution is to use double auth_policy_check_!

> The double-check is for places which want to implement something like
> COS or want to perform validations in policy server *after* we know the
> user identity. The first check is done before we even know if the user
> or the credential(s) are valid.

I can see why both before and after are options.  My more simplistic
policy does not need both.  I perform whitelist, blacklist, geo and
greylist and do not cross reference these with the user.  I can't see
why roundcubemail fails without both.  The IMAP exchange with
roundcubemail should not be aware of the policy server.  I was spending
[wasting] too much time on looking for an answer and gave up.