Gmail to Dovecot migration

Yuri yuri at gooffcloud.net
Mon Aug 12 02:39:48 EEST 2019

An update:
I was able to migrate using 3rd option (Google Takeout + mb2md).  After
running mb2md I converted from Maildir++ (dotted) folders to
hierarchical folders by hand, moved everything from under Inbox/cur to
cur, and removed Inbox folder.  Then simply copied the converted
folders to mail_location and restarted Dovecot.  Dovecot seemed to re-
index everything and I was able to access my converted account from
Evolution.  Things would be simpler if I didn't use hierarchical
folders (LAYOUT=fs).
One thing I noticed there is some duplication of messages in Inbox and
Archived folders.  Another thing is I'm not sure if I can merge Inbox
and Archvied folders into a single Inbox folder (I can try).  And I'd
still would very much like to use Option #1 (doveadm backup directly
from gmail), so if anyone has any success with this option please share
your experience.
Thank you,Yuri