Autoexpunge not working for Junk?

Timo Sirainen timo at sirainen.com
Wed Aug 14 22:26:42 EEST 2019

On 13 Aug 2019, at 5.57, Amir Caspi via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2019, at 8:54 PM, Thomas Zajic via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
>>
>> * Amir Caspi via dovecot, 12.08.19 22:01
>>
>>> [~]# doveadm mailbox status -u cepheid firstsaved Junk
>>> Junk firstsaved=1563154976
>>>
>>> I can't tell how that timestamp corresponds to a human-readable date, however.
>>
>> [zlatko at disclosure:~]$ date -d @1563154976
>> Mon Jul 15 03:42:56 CEST 2019
>
> So this is the same timestamp as date.saved on message 1... as it should be, I guess.  Except that, as I showed, the timestamps are definitely messed up somehow.  The timestamps in my MUA (whether webmail or local mail app) show just fine... so something seems to be corrupted with the timestamps in the dovecot index file, I think.  But the weird thing is that this is affecting all users, not just me.

It probably has something to do with using mbox format. Are the IMAP UIDs changing unexpectedly? Errors/warnings logged related to it? Unfortunately it's a rather troublesome mailbox format. There are likely some bugs in Dovecot mbox code, but it's difficult and time consuming to try to reproduce any of the bugs so I've mostly given up trying.