LMTP Post login script for acl_groups

Jakobus Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Aug 28 20:46:20 EEST 2019

I think, i had the same problem as you.

When dovecot runs lmtp, no user is logged in, so there is no user from
which you can get groups. So i think, my solution is (not really sure,
if this is right, it's a long time ago, i played around) this transport
in exim for local delivery

dovecot_delivery:
  debug_print = "T: dovecot_delivery_pipe for $local_part@$domain
translates to GET_LOCAL_MAIL"
  driver = pipe
  command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d "GET_LOCAL_MAIL"
  message_prefix =
  message_suffix =
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  return_path_add
  log_output
  user = MAILUSER
  group = MAILUSER

I have a really sophisticated setup with ldap... so GET_LOCAL_MAIL and
MAILUSER are makros which get the email-adress and the mailuser for the
receiving emailadress.

GET_LOCAL_MAIL could be $local_part@$domain
MAILUSER is vmail in my setup, the user who owns all mailboxes

/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver is an alternative for the lmtp-delivery.

HTH

Jakob