Fast searching from android device with Dovecot/Maildir

Frank-Ulrich Sommer f-u.s at gmx.net
Tue Dec 3 03:25:38 EET 2019

I dont't know the capabilities of gmail, but IMAP supports server side search which is quite fast if the Solr full text search plugin for dovecot is used (wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS/Solr). For debian "dovecot-solr" can be used.

For Android K9-Mail does not really support server side search, Aquamail does and for other mail clients I don't know.