Dovecot 2.3.9 fails on FreeBSD

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek jeff.sipek at open-xchange.com
Wed Dec 4 19:19:35 EET 2019

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 18:06:58 +0100, Pascal Christen via dovecot wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just tried to build the latest Dovecot 2.3.9 on FreeBSD 11.3.
> Without success...It fails on the following commit which was introduced
> in 2.3.9:
> https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/c85f1bc3ce612c736c9d2c468cc08306db1b5851
>
> Following output is the build log: https://pastebin.com/3nvSeDn8
>
> So I guess it has to do with some changes FreeBSD made:
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D18630

As far as I can tell, dovecot should be checking for the existence of
EAI_ADDRFAMILY and EAI_NODATA.

The good news is, a quick workaround is to remove the two lines that use
these two constants.  (A correct patch would do the proper checks.)

Jeff.

--
Bad pun of the week: The formula 1 control computer suffered from a race
condition