v2.2.36 to v2.3.8 maildirlock bug

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Dec 8 14:58:45 EET 2019

On 06 Dec 2019, at 16:28, Martynas Bendorius <martynas at martynas.it> wrote:
> when zlib compression is enabled in dovecot, old emails remain untouched

I’ve been considering doing this, or at least looking into how much space we’d save (answer so far, less than you might think), but I am hesitant to “alter” the user’s mail stores without a bit more guidance.

Has anyone found a good walkthrough/guide on setting this up and also on compressing the old mail?

Are there any common issues to watch out for? Is it entirely transparent to the user?

https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Zlib says it has moved to https://doc.dovecot.org/plugin-settings/zlib_plugin/ which does not exist.

"Not Found
The requested URL /plugin-settings/zlib_plugin/ was not found on this server."

--
I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing.