Solr for Dovecot on Debian 9, package has correct binary?

John Gateley dovecot at jfoo.net
Wed Dec 11 03:57:49 EET 2019

Hello,

I am trying to get Solr full text searching working on Debian 9 with
Dovecot, and I suspect
the binary for dovecot does not have solr enabled (--with-solr).

root at elephant:/etc/dovecot/conf.d# /usr/sbin/dovecot --build-options
Build options: ioloop=epoll notify=inotify ipv6 openssl io_block_size=8192
Mail storages: shared mdbox sdbox maildir mbox cydir imapc pop3c raw fail
SQL driver plugins: mysql postgresql sqlite
Passdb: checkpassword ldap pam passwd passwd-file shadow sql
Userdb: checkpassword ldap(plugin) nss passwd prefetch passwd-file sql
root at elephant:/etc/dovecot/conf.d#

If I want to use solr, do I have to build dovecot myself? I'd prefer to use
the debian package (Debian 9 for now).

Thanks!

John