Submission config being ignored

William Edwards wedwards at cyberfusion.nl
Thu Dec 12 00:10:28 EET 2019

I'm having trouble setting up submission with Dovecot proxy. The submission config seems to be getting ignored, but I'm probably doing something wrong.

Expected behaviour: have messages sent to submission ports (25, 465) relayed to `submission_relay_host`.

--
root at imapproxy1:~# cat /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-submission.conf
submission_logout_format = in=%i out=%o

service submission {
}

service submission-login {
inet_listener submission_25 {
port = 25

}
inet_listener submission_465 {
port = 465
ssl = yes

}
}
--

What happens instead: Dovecot is attempting to send mail to the host specified in the passdb file:

root at imapproxy1:~# cat /etc/virtual/xalys.nl/passwd
test:$password.:8:8::/home/test.nl/test:/bin/false:userdb_quota_rule=*:bytes=0 proxy_maybe=y host=$ipaddr

How do I get Dovecot to relay mail sent to submission ports to 'submission_relay_host'?

Met vriendelijke groeten,

William Edwards
T. 040 - 711 44 96
E. wedwards at cyberfusion.nl