Parsing variables in config files

Eudald Valcàrcel Lacasa eudald.valcarcel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 03:50:03 EET 2019

Hello,
I'm trying to set up a mailbox for a bunch of domains.
To do so I'm running some docker containers (I know I can use multidomain
set up and I'm doing so, but I need to have some domains on different
containers for specific reasons).

In order to keep it all clean, I want to use different PostgreSQL databases
for each container, and I'm running the container with an environment file
containing database parameters, such as:
DB_USER
DB_HOST
DB_NAME
I've been trying to pass these parameters to dovecot's configuration, but
they don't get parsed and I end up with messages like: dovecot: auth:
Error: pgsql(%{env:DB_HOST}): Connect failed to database %{env:DB_NAME}

I've tried to pass variables alone, using import_environment = DB_HOST
DB_NAME DB_USER, but I'm stuck at the same errors.

Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Thank you!
Eudald