Issue running Dovecot in Docker Container

Naveen Reddy naveenreddy99 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 11:38:58 EET 2019

Hi Marc,

I can see the processes are running as a root in container environment. Do
you think that still have issues ?
Here is the processes running inside container:

bash-4.2# ps -ef
UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
root         1     0  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /bootstrap.sh
root         7     1  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/dovecot -F -c
/etc/dovecot/director.conf
root         8     1  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/dovecot -F
root         9     1  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 sleep 36000d
dovecot     10     8  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 dovecot-Dovecot/anvil
dovecot     14     7  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 dovecot-Director/anvil
root       267     8  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 dovecot-Dovecot/log
root       269     8  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:08 dovecot-Dovecot/config
root       281     7  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 dovecot-Director/log
root       283     7  0 Dec27 ?        00:00:00 dovecot-Director/config

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen