alterstorage for archiv

Maciej Milaszewski IQ PL maciej.milaszewski at iq.pl
Thu Feb 7 17:37:36 EET 2019

Hi
I have a testing lab with:
debian10 + dovecot-2.2.33 (director) and one backaned with 2.2.33.2

mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/dovecot_indexes%h

All works fine but I thinking now about solutions to moved all messeges
older by (14day) to my alter storage with poor disk to folder Archive

like:/vmail/domain/user at domain/Maildir/
to:
/otherstorage/vmail/domain/user at domain/
And i thinking about ( hmm mapping folder Archive)

/vmail/domain/user at domain/Maildir/Archive/

mail_location =
maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/dovecot_indexes%h:ALT:/otherstorage%h

is that "solutions" Is good idea ?

Or maby is another working solutions ? because: doveadm altmove not
working with Maildir