system wakeup caused by write operations to /var/lib/dovecot/instances

Tijl dovecot at odie.be
Thu Feb 7 23:53:58 EET 2019

Ruben Safir schreef op 2019-02-07 19:26:

> On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 05:10:04PM +0100, Tijl via dovecot wrote: Hi Timo,
>
> Thank you very much for replying with an instant solution!
>
> Suggestion for future release: a setting in the configuration to
> enable/disable the automatic instance_update_now action and/or set the
> timeout by the user.
>
> In the meanwhile I can use the recompiled version with this code change.
> Problem solved for me.
>
> Regards,
> Tijl
>
> Timo Sirainen schreef op 2019-02-07 15:59:
>
> On 2 Feb 2019, at 6.44, Tijl <dovecot at odie.be> wrote:
>
> How can dovecot be run without writing to /var/lib/dovecot/instances everyday? Is there a configuration setting for this?

Postfix can do this without that added infrastructure.

Could you explain how this can be accomplished with Postfix?
At the moment I don't use Postfix (I use Dovecot only to store mail
archives) but I'm OK to install it, just for this.
Thank you for your advice already!

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com