Maintaining table quota2

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 12 18:23:42 EET 2019

Does dovecot compute that values for quota2 with each email it updates
for the user?  Or only an incremental change?

I ask because I am looking at migrating all the user mail from the old
server to the new and building a new sql database.  All I see is:

dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext: connect = host=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
dbname=postfix user=postfix password=$Postfix_Database_Password map {
pattern = priv/quota/storage table = quota2 username_field = username
value_field = bytes } map { pattern = priv/quota/messages table = quota2
username_field = username value_field = messages }

what is actually done with this table?

thanks