smtp_address_cmp does not ignore case of localpart

Andreas Jobs andreas.jobs at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 12 22:41:28 EET 2019

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 08:12:43AM +0100, John Fawcett via dovecot wrote:
>On 11/02/2019 22:43, Andreas Jobs via dovecot wrote:
>In practice if you convert the username part to lower case in the MTA
>then you will accept mail with mixed case but only have to deal with
>lowercase in Dovecot.

Yes, but the vacation action (also) compares :addresses against the
header to|cc|sender... And changing the headers is a bad idea.

Maybe my subject line was a bad choice :-)

--Andreas

--
! AJ3630-RIPE @ RUB8-RIPE                        Network Operation Center !
! Dezernat 5.I                                   Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum !