Maintaining table quota2

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Feb 13 02:02:54 EET 2019

On 2/12/19 1:57 PM, Aki Tuomi wrote:

>> On 12 February 2019 at 20:52 Robert Moskowitz via dovecot <
>> dovecot at dovecot.org <mailto:dovecot at dovecot.org>> wrote:
>>

>> On 2/12/19 1:03 PM, Aki Tuomi via dovecot wrote:
>> Dovecot keeps the quota current, although dict quota has been known
>> to be bit bad at this.
>>> We nowadays recommend using count quota instead and use quota_clone
>>> to copy the quota state to database. It is more accurate.
>> And how is this recommendation implemented?
>>
>> All I have are my old notes and what google is finding for me...
>>
>> Please give me some pointers.
>>
>> thanks
>
> https://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Count
> https://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/QuotaClone
>
> and the recommendation is under
>
> https://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota

I have been spending effort today reading up on this and searching on a
couple questions.

For my additions to 20-imap.conf I have:

imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail
protocol imap {
     mail_plugins = quota imap_quota trash
}

I see that the mail_plugin quota is moved to 10-mail.conf.  No biggie
there.  But what about trash?

And I tried to find documentation on imap_client_workarounds and all I
have found is in:

https://wiki.dovecot.org/QuickConfiguration#Client_Workarounds

"Check imap_client_workarounds and pop3_client_workarounds and see if
you want to enable more of them than the defaults. ?

With no link about where to learn more.

Where does quota count go?  Just dovecot.conf or one of the numbered
conf addtions?

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Count

Also is there a way to compute the count for all users?  I am migrating
the maildir and rebuilding the sql database.  I see:

doveadm mailbox status -u user at domain vsize '*'

But do I do that for each user in each domain or is that '*' there to
run it on all users?

I think this will get me started.