Error configuring unix_listener stats-writer

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 13:12:02 EET 2019

Am 18.02.19 um 11:34 schrieb Sami Ketola:

>> On 18 Feb 2019, at 12.15, Peter Nabbefeld <peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de> wrote:
>>

>> Am 17.02.19 um 18:27 schrieb Sami Ketola:
>>> Easy way is to use just one config file. That is what I have done for years.
>>>
>>> Sami
>>>

>> I'd preferred that, too, but it seems the 'modern' way - and I don't want to get any possible configuration issues on updates, so I won't change this.
>
> If your distribution modifies config files on updates then it's time to switch to another distribution.
>
> Sami
Not the config files itself. But IIRC, the "main" config files have been
changed in distros when the new style was introduced. Usually the main
file wasn't overwritten, but a new file with an extension like "new" had
been added.

However, my laptop installation isn't as old, and every application I
install already has the new style, and of course it has it pros when You
get used to the structure of the config file, but if You're new to some
application, You also have to learn about this structure for every new
one ...

Peter