Virus scan + removal on a mdbox mail storage

Christoph Haas christoph+dovecot at haas-online.org
Wed Feb 20 03:46:06 EET 2019

Hi,

I need advice on how virus scan and removal can be done on a _mdbox_
mail storage?

On a maildir storage the virus scanner (e.g. clamav etc.) can detect
and remove a email that is infected, since every email and attachment
are stored in separate files.

But in mdbox the emails and attachments are compressed together in one
ore more mdbox-files ...

I am anxious to convert my mail storage for virus scanning into
maildir format, since I don't know if a virus or crypto trojan con be
activated with this converting action =:-o

Cheers
Christoph.

--
Christoph Haas