flags not synced correctly with dovecot sync (dsync)

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sat Feb 23 21:34:29 EET 2019

On Feb 19, 2019, Marc Weustink via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> I (and others) have the same issue.

Thanks, but the issue described in that thread is not the same issue.
I don't believe IMAP MOVE is used in the test case I outlined.  And
I can also reproduce it with 1:2.2.33.2-1ubuntu4.2, whereas the issue
in that thread was not present in 1:2.2.36-1.

Does anyone else have input on this problem?  I used offlineimap for
years without losing flags, but I was hoping to use dovecot sync in
the future, since it is a lot faster.

Several times per day I also have the problem that sync stops working
and I have to remove the state file for new messages to be noticed.

I'm happy to help debug these issues.

Thanks,

Dan