Solr

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Thu Jan 3 22:07:18 EET 2019

On 1/3/2019 10:56 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 12/21/2018, 11:19:42 AM, Daniel Miller via dovecot
> <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
>> There is a *huge* difference between a functional Solr setup & squat
> Interesting. Care to elaborate?

This is one of those things that has to be experienced to be
understood.  When you can perform an FTS search across (pause while I
check current stats...):

du -c -h /var/mail        136G

Solr numDocs:        520102

and using any IMAP client that supports server-side searches (like
Thunderbird & AquaMail) the results are basically instantaneous...it's
worth the effort.  And that's searching a Dovecot virtual folder defined
as "* all", including all my archives, all my list subscriptions, and
all the shared Inbox/Sent folders from my other users.

But I certainly wish it was easier to setup.

--
Daniel