Dovecot no logs by sieve user script

Christian Wolf christian at wolf-stuttgart.net
Sun Jan 6 19:58:02 EET 2019

Dear mailinglist,

I have the problem that I had to migrate a setup and since then my user's sieve script does
no longer log anything.

I have sieve_user_log unset and sieve points to a folder (ready for ManageSievev service).
In the old config I had sieve point to the symlink and sieve_dir point to the folder of all
scripts. As sieve_dir is deprecated I use the sieve directive only (see below).

According to my understanding of https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/
Configuration this should result in user logging in ~/.dovecot.sieve.log. This file is never
generated by dovecot and if I create it manually, it is not filled.

Can you tell me, what I am missing here in order to get the per-user logs running?

Thank you very much
Christian

# dovecot --version

# dovecot -n # 2.2.27 (c0f36b0): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf # Pigeonhole version 0.4.16
(fed8554) # OS: Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 x86_64 Debian 9.6  auth_mechanisms = plain login
disable_plaintext_auth = no mail_location = maildir:~/Mailbox
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject
envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational
regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index
ihave duplicate mime foreverypart extracttext namespace inbox {  inbox = yes  location =
  mailbox Drafts {    auto = create    special_use = \Drafts  }  mailbox Junk {    auto =
subscribe    special_use = \Junk  }  mailbox Sent {    auto = subscribe    special_use = \Sent  }
 mailbox Trash {    special_use = \Trash  }  prefix =  } passdb {  driver = pam } passdb {  args
= scheme=CRYPT username_format=%u /etc/dovecot/users  driver = passwd-file } plugin {
 sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve } postmaster_address = postmaster at wolf-
stuttgart.net protocols = " imap sieve sieve" service auth {  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/
private/auth {    mode = 0666  } } service managesieve-login {  inet_listener sieve {    port =
4190  } } ssl = required ssl_cert = </etc/letsencrypt/live/imap/fullchain.pem ssl_key =  #
hidden, use -P to show it userdb {  driver = passwd } userdb {  args =
username_format=%u /etc/dovecot/users  driver = passwd-file } protocol lda {
 mail_plugins = " sieve" }