Solr -> Xapian ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 14 02:17:32 EET 2019

On 13 Jan 2019, at 10.45, Joan Moreau via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:

> Now, I can see in the logs that several times, the dovecot calls the fts_backend_xapian_update_set_mailbox with box == NULL. WHy so ?

fts-api.h says:

/* Switch to updating the specified mailbox. box may also be set to NULL to
   make sure the previous mailbox won't tried to be accessed anymore. */
void fts_backend_update_set_mailbox(struct fts_backend_update_context *ctx,
				    struct mailbox *box);

So it's just telling you that you can close/free any stuff related to that mailbox.
>> additionally, my logic is that the backend stores one databalse per mailox in /xapian-indexes (in the "root" dir of the user), the name od the database is the GUID of the mailbox
>>
>> For INBOX, that works perfectly, and database is properly createdm and backed starts indexing all emails
>>
>> For other folder, somehow, the process can not access that (root) folder.
>>
>> Am I missing something ?

This is a bit ambiguous, because some people mean mailbox=folder and others mean mailbox=user account, and GUID can also be the internal Dovecot folder GUID, or a GUID of the user.

I'd recommend using a single database per user anyway.