MySQL 8.0: Supported?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:31:40 EET 2019

So, I have upgraded all my ports and that came with mysql-8.0.13.
Now I am unable to build dovecot from the FreeBSD-12 ports:

checking for mysql_config... mysql_config
checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: Can't build with MySQL support: libmysqlclient not found
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to ler at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/mail/dovecot/work/dovecot-2.3.4/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1