Repetitive indexing nd LOCK WRITE error

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Wed Jan 16 12:14:22 EET 2019

Hi,

Monitoring the Xapian plugin, I notice that dovecot is re-indexing
multiple times the same Inbox for no apparent reason (not the last email
received but the whole mailbox, LAST UID being properly returned (with
the confusion already discussed) ) : Why so ?

Also, I get a LOCK on the "dovecot.index.log" file during this heavy
indexing:

 Error: Timeout (180s) while waiting for lock for transaction log file
/data/mail/XXX/XX/mailboxes/INBOX/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.log

ANyone can clarify the cause of this ?

Thank you