Authentication lost within session

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Thu Jan 17 16:35:26 EET 2019

Reboot fixed it, and am unable to reproduce it, strange.

Hmmm, strange my limits.conf is still default empty. I also reverted
back to the orginal dovecot pam.d file, and still the same. Is dovecot
indeed then giving this password mismatch on max logins?
I have been testing quite a lot lately without noticing this. The only
thing I can remember changing recently was enabling shmkey of slapd and
tuning settings in nscd.

> On 17 Jan 2019, at 14.19, Marc Roos <M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu> wrote:
>

> Same ip, connection, session happens after a few seconds, all on local

> test network.

Sorry I mistakenly overlooked at the ip:s. But anyway that is multiple
connections and seems that PAM has some concurrency limit and refuses
the third connection Thunderbird opens.

so you probably have pam_limits with maxlogins=2 enabled.

Sami