Dovecot and FTS experiment

Tomasz Nowak tomek at flup.pl
Wed Jan 30 16:45:46 EET 2019

W dniu 2019-01-29 23:48, Daniel Miller via dovecot napisał(a):

> You need to start somewhere. If you've never played with Solr before I
> suggest you start with one and get it working before you explore
> "sharding". When you're ready for that you should consult the solr
> mailing list. The importance of enough RAM for Solr cannot be
> overstated.

Ok. Thank you. It's good to know that everything will work good with
external Solr server.
Most of the howto's that I read - describes local installation of every
component, so
I need to ensure that there wont be problems.

>> 2. I notice - I have mail account with 3GB of mail. Index files in
>> mail dir has 5MB. After indexing mailbox in Solr - index files has
>> 15MB. What changes in those files? FTS indexing adds something to
>> that files - but what?
>
> What mail storage format are you using?  dbox?
>
> Thinking...I believe that Dovecot records which mails have been
> reported to the FTS.  That may help account for the increased size.

Today - maildir. But I have dbox migration in TODO. After another
answear I know "doveadm dump" command, so I
can check what are in indexes now.