Dovecot and Solr on the same server or on different

Christian Kivalo ml+dovecot at valo.at
Fri Jul 5 23:57:18 EEST 2019

On 2019-06-21 09:18, Götz Reinicke via dovecot wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
>> Am 20.06.2019 um 18:05 schrieb Christian Kivalo via dovecot
>> <dovecot at dovecot.org>:
>>
>>> So if dovecot and Solr are good with a host each, I m fine with
>>> managing two VMs.
>> They do. I'm using such a setup for some years now.
>
> May be you you could give me some suggestions on how to proceed after
> having the Solr up and running?
>
> What is the best procedure to move all mailbox search index from the
> current (old) style to Solr?
>
> Like: doveadm index -A -q '*'
This should do it. I did some searches. That triggers indexing when
there is none.
> May I adjust some Sorl defaults for memory/cahces etc to suite my
> setup?
Apart from min and max java mem i didn't change any solr defaults. I'm
using solr 8.0.0 and setup as described in the wiki.
I changed the provided schema from the wiki to support partial searches.
The index grew quite a bit but it's working fine.

--
  Christian Kivalo