Dovecot 2.3.6 on Solaris10: build issues, segfaults

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 03:58:01 EEST 2019

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> This is unexpected.  But I don't see how it's a Dovecot bug.  It seems
> as if your compiler doesn't do padding correctly and then crashes
> because it didn't do it correctly.  I guess you're compiling this as
> 32bit?

Yes, 32-bit.

> Is size_t 32bit or 64bit?
> Can you try with the below small test program if it prints the same 20?

 	(Output without compile flags -m64)
 	offset = 20
 	size = 4

 	(Output with compile flags -m64)
 	offset = 40
 	size = 8

Same output whether I use gcc 9.1.0 or Solaris c99.

I'll try building 64bit executables but I think that means I'll have to
build 64bit versions of third-party libraries.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>