Unexpected result from LIST EXTENDED command

Timo Sirainen timo at sirainen.com
Tue Jul 16 12:11:12 EEST 2019

On 16 Jul 2019, at 11.41, Emil Kalchev <ekalchev at hotmail.com> wrote:

> There is no error in the server logs. I checked those particular folders on the server and they don’t seems to have anything special about them, like permission or etc.
>
> Yes, calling STATUS on those particular folders returns the status. The folders can be opened and they have emails in them so nothing special about those folders.

https://github.com/dovecot/core/blob/master/src/imap/cmd-list.c#L195 <https://github.com/dovecot/core/blob/master/src/imap/cmd-list.c#L195> seems to have a bug. If LIST is requesting SUBSCRIBED results, and it finds there is a folder that is not subscribed but has a child that is subscribed, then the parent isn't requested for STATUS. That matches:

S: * LIST (\HasChildren \UnMarked) "." INBOX.spam.&-BD0EOQQ9BDkEPQ-
S: * LIST (\Subscribed \HasChildren \UnMarked) "." INBOX.spam.&-BD0EOQQ9BDkEPQ-.jhfhg

But in your LIST output INBOX.Archive didn't have any children, so I'm not sure if that's the same issue or not.