Replication issue 2.3.7

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Tue Jul 16 23:59:34 EEST 2019

On 2019/07/16 19:46, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> > On 16/07/2019 18:40 Stuart Henderson via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> >

> > On 2019-07-13, Reio Remma via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I noticed these in the logs since upgrading from 2.3.6. to 2.3.7:
> > >
> > > Jul 13 11:52:10 turin dovecot: doveadm: Error:
> > > dsync-remote(reio at mrstuudio.ee)</1ekE7qbKV2gYwAAsNnMGQ>: Error:
> > > Exporting mailbox INBOX failed: Mailbox attribute
> > > vendor/vendor.dovecot/pvt/server/sieve/files/MR lookup failed: Mailbox
> > > attributes not enabled
> > > Jul 13 11:52:11 turin dovecot: doveadm: Error:
> > > dsync-remote(reio at mrstuudio.ee)<MVs/K7ubKV2oYwAAsNnMGQ>: Error:
> > > Exporting mailbox INBOX failed: Mailbox attribute
> > > vendor/vendor.dovecot/pvt/server/sieve/files/MR lookup failed: Mailbox
> > > attributes not enabled
> >
> > Same here (in my case: on OpenBSD -current, mdbox, pigeonhole 0.5.7).
> > I have backed out to 2.3.6 + pigeonhole 0.5.6 and it's happy again.
>
> Instead of downgrading, you could've attempted
>
> mail_attribute_dict = file:%h/dovecot-attributes
>
> to enable mailbox attributes. This should fix sieve script replication too.
>
> Aki

Perhaps, but when dealing with mailboxes out of sync between the two
replicated machines the first thought is to backout the change that
triggered the problem, rather than guess things that might help,
especially when they aren't mentioned in the release notes (actually
the only thing I find in either NEWS or ChangeLog relating to
attributes/metadata at all since the last release is adding methods
to access this via lua API?).