Character not allowed in mailbox name

Arnold Opio Oree arnoldoree at parallaxict.com
Mon Jul 22 11:49:37 EEST 2019

Hi Lothar,

I haven't yet had the opportunity to go deep into Dovecot engineering /
development, (so please correct me if necessary anyone).

I have experienced this exception where attempting to copy mailbox data
within a client from IMAP account to IMAP account, but I have not had
it cause a mailbox to become inaccessible.

The reason was because Maildir++ format uses the "." separator to
delineate child directories, and therefore the character is illegal in
mailbox names. The issue was addressed by either changing the
filesystem layout to LAYOUT=fs or by changing the mailbox format
altogether to e.g. sdbox.

>   location = maildir:%%h:INDEX=%h/shared/%%u

I can see from your configuration that the LAYOUT is not set as fs, so
I would assume is still using Maildir++.

Perhaps this setting was lost during the upgrade?

Regards,

Arnold Opio Oree
Chief Executive Officer
Parallax Digital Technologies

arnoldoree at parallaxdt.com

http://www.parallaxdt.com

tel : +44 (0) 333 577 8587
fax : +44 (0) 20 8711 2477

Parallax Digital Technologies is a trading name of Parallax Global
Limited. U.K. Co. No. 08836288

The contents of this e-mail are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient you are to delete this e-mail immediately, disregard
its contents and disclose them to no other persons.