macOS Notes.app IMAP Syncing Not Working

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 02:11:39 EEST 2019

Thank you very much for posting this. Looking at the diffs across configurations, I tried all these options, without success:

* service dns_client block
* turn off global separator variable
* auth_mechanisms login plain gssapi cram-md5

My dovecot configuration is the common denominator of multiple Notes.app clients not working, so I’m pretty sure I’ve configured it in a way that macOS Notes.app doesn’t like.

The only other difference I see is the ldap passwd and userdb driver.

Looks like I’ll have to wait for some inspiration and free time to break out wireshark to dig further.

Thanks again,

Steve