Stats/Metrics in 2.3

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Jun 3 17:50:23 EEST 2019

On 6/2/2019, 1:46:37 PM, @lbutlr via dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> wrote:
> Yep, I just wasn’t sure how large that file might be (One mailing
> list didn’t like the inline 14,000 line log file for some
> inexplicable reason).
Well, there is a pretty big difference between a huge log file and a
small config file.

Every tech support list I've ever been on wants config files and log
snippets inline in the emails - this prevents loss of historical
data/context in the archives if/when the online repositories delete
referenced files.

For things like huge core dumps or wireshark captures, sure, if they are
huge, link them.