Dovecot behind Load Balancer

Paolo Daniele paolo.daniele at tlcweb.it
Wed Jun 12 20:02:55 EEST 2019

Hi,
i've a question for you.
I've two dovecot imap/pop server behind a zen load balancer.
Load balancing is made by lx4nat so the public ip address of my load
balancer contact directly the dovecot servers.
Since few months i've a message from thunderbird that i've reached the
imap limit login for ip.
I've triend to increase the max user ip parameter but sometimes i've the
same problem.
It's a strange things that actually i'm able to mitigate by reduce the
number of cached connections in Thunderbird but it's not normal.
What do you think about that?
Maybe there's some tuning that you can suggest.
Thank you,
Paolo